Met Gala 2013: The 10 Best Outfits of the Night
Rex USA; Wireimage; Broadimage
We saw dozens of dresses hit the Met Gala red carpet, and nearly all of them evoked some reaction among PEOPLE StyleWatch editors, ranging from “Wow!” to “Wow.” to “Wha—?”
And after much debate, we picked the ten that stole the show — whether because they were striking, sexy or required Gwen Stefani’s abs to pull off properly. Check out our list, below (click on the designer’s name to see the dress we’re discussing) and tell us which stars would be on your best-dressed list!
The Top 10 Best Dressed:
1. Sienna Miller in head-to-toe Burberry — we’d kill for that jacket.
2. Blake Lively in custom Gucci Première and jaw-dropping Lorraine Schwartz danglers — even more beautiful than we expected!
3. Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino Haute Couture — the perfect foundation for her new platinum locks.
4. Carey Mulligan in a black cut-out gown with a large gold safety pin and more than $1,000,000 of Tiffany & Co. jewels — the perfect mix of chic and cheeky.
5. Olivia Wilde in Calvin Klein Collection and Fred Leighton jewels — the abs just don’t quit.
6. Ginnifer Goodwin in custom Tory Burch — a lovely spin on a tricky theme.
7. Gwen Stefani in custom Maison Martin Margiela — basic black-and-white looks positively daring on the bold singer.
8. Miley Cyrus in Marc Jacobs — our pick for being perfectly on-theme and showing off her killer bod to perfection.
9. Dakota Fanning in Rodarte — simple from the front, but the angel-wing embroidered back made the dress a standout.
10. Jessica Paré in a blue high-low gown with leggings underneath — major points for going different and fun, and the makeup was flawless.